Saturday, December 1, 2012

IM Tournament

Let me introduce you to the second place IM indoor soccer team - the Shear Studs!


I'm not sure if I told you before that I participated in an indoor soccer tournament throughout this semester, as part of the structural engineering team.  My classmates invited me to play because they were lacking in girls on the team.  In this kind of tournaments, there has to be an even number of males and females on the field.  I decided to accept and I'm glad I did it.  We played every Thursday at night.  We played with a bouncing ball, we could use the walls and we were allowed switch players as many times as we wanted.

We got better and better and we ended up qualifying for the final, which took place yesterday.  We didn't win but we played pretty well.  Baring in mind we played against a team that beat us 7-0 and made fun of us very badly in the first game we played against them and that this time they had to sweat a lot to win, we were happy with the final result.

Who would guess that a bunch of nerdy structural engineering students could make a good indoor soccer team?

Before I say goodbye, let me just clarify that I am not responsible for the team name.  Haha.



1 comment:

  1. naahhhh!! priceless! ahahah

    I've done my blog update...
    It's great to know that everything's going as good as it gets!

    Beijinhos,
    ED

    ReplyDelete