Sunday, November 4, 2012

People/Family/Friends over

Guess who came visiting!  Oh yeah, Mico and Rita did!!!  Not only did they came, but they brought a bunch of stuff from my Mom and Dad, including a fully equipped pencil case, some lotions I couldn't afford here, warm apparel and a lovely letter with drawings.  Thanks Mom and Dad!

They arrived Thursday evening in Berkeley and left the day after to start a romantic road trip around California.  Although it was a short visit, we got to get the most out of it.  On Thursday evening, we had a typically Californian dinner together (mexican food and ice cream sandwiches) and spent some time with my friends from i-House.  On Friday, we had a touristic day in San Fran.  I took them to Pier 39, Fisherman Wharf, Lombard Street, Union Square and the Mission District, where we had an amazing lunch outside while we enjoyed the chill artsy neighborhood.

Before coming back to Berkeley, we picked up their home for the next two weeks: a van with bed, curtains, table, sink, griller and so on.  They are certainly going to have lots and lots of fun.  Do you wanna know where they are going?  Yosemite, Death Valley, Las Vegas and every interesting place between LA and SF.  :)

I felt quite lonely after they left (my room suddenly became so big again) but I can't complain.  We are going to meet in LA next weekend (double-dating weekend!!!) and here in Berkeley the weekend after to celebrate my birthday.

By the way, dear family and friends, my birthday is coming up soon...  Has everyone bought gifts and/or wrote letters?  Hehehe.  I received a special present this Friday: three boxes of butter cookies and one of "broas" to sweeten my mouth.  Thanks Grandpas!

Have a nice week,
Marta





















No comments:

Post a Comment