Monday, March 11, 2013

"That" look

"That" look...  Pretty much everyone who reads this blog knows me well enough to have seen me doing "that" look.  It's in my genes, I guess.  Dad does it all the time too.  It's impressive how we are so alike...  

Apparently, even my friends, classmates in general and professors in Cal now know "that" look of mine too.  By "that" look I mean my mean/bored/respectful face, with my head slightly bent to the side and my attacking eyes reaching whoever I don't agree with.  The favorite joke in our class right now is that a Professor was specially nice or someone didn't try to change something because they were afraid of receiving "that" look.

All I have to say in my defense is that I don't do it on purpose and, more than that, I wish I didn't do it.    It's totally automatic and it is not under control.  I get very embarrassed when I realize I made "that" look to anyone.  It annoys me like crazy that I cannot hide my feelings too.  I make "that" look when I'm mad, my eyes get teary when something doesn't go as well as I planned, and I cry like a baby when I'm sad.  One of my resolutions for the near future is to try to correct this.

I suppose Mom, Pedro and Ed will specially like to read this post, since they are the ones who more often tell me not to make "that" look.  At least I'm not fake and I don't fool anyone...  And I'm going to work on that and try to change it soon!

Love and sweet looks,
Martinha

No comments:

Post a Comment