Monday, September 10, 2012

Bruin for the weekend

I can't help being a Bruin, I admit.  My friends in Cal would probably get mad if they read this post.  It doesn't make sense to be both a Cal Bear and a UCLA Bruin.  However, my Mom supports Sporting and Benfica at the same time...  Maybe this incompatible supportiveness is in my genes...

After spending four nights and three days in LA, this is how I feel: a little bit Bruin.

It had been exactly a year since the last time I went to LA.  Before coming to Berkeley, doing summer school in UCLA last year had been the best experience in my life.  This three-days weekend I've just spent there brought back very good memories.

It's funny how I don't feel like a tourist when I go to LA anymore.  In fact, all I did this weekend was spend some quality time with Pedro and our friends, go to nice restaurants and stores and enjoy the good weather.

We went to some friends' house two nights in a row and played typical American drinking games with them.  We practiced golf at TPC Valencia.  We had lunch at Urth Caffe. Mmmmmmm.  We spent one afternoon at the beach, in Venice.  We went to an UCLA American Football game with many friends and Pedro's coach.  UCLA played really well and we had lots of fun at the students' section.  We had a delicious brunch at one of the best breakfast restaurants in LA: Blu Jam.  We went shopping in one of my favorite streets there (I couldn't go to LA without shopping at LF Stores!!!).  We had two triple dates with some friends.  We dated a lot.  Oh yeah, we had a very nice weekend.

I came back to Berkeley today early in the morning and now it's time to focus on my studies again. It's worth working so hard in school to have the chance to spend weekends like this.















No comments:

Post a Comment